Incident Response and Management
Pollution and spillage incidents can be expensive and litigious events that can seriously impede operations on commercial sites, or make residential sites temporarily uninhabitable.
Tergeo’s environmental response services are tailored to the needs of our clients and those affected by pollution events. We have built our reputation on agility, experience and technical focus. We never forget our role and the requirements of our clients and are proud of our ability to effectively manage pollution incidents.
At Tergeo we believe experience is a key function of our success in managing pollution incidents through their whole life cycle, from the time of the first response following the identification of a loss, through to verification and completion.
What we do…
Our spill response services are available 24 hours a day 365 days a year. When tasked with managing a claim, our first action is to understand the loss and action a mobilisation to site to assess, contain and control.
Once the incident is assessed, Tergeo will offer immediate containment and risk management solutions, followed by remediation options to address any residual impacts. We will never act without authorisation from our client.
• Accurate assessment of environment, pollution and liability risk
• First person attendance for ongoing spills
• Set up emergency control measures such as vapour abatement units, install temporary storage tanks
• Inland surface water spill services
• Emergency groundworks and containment engineering
• Emergency drilling
• Temporary water supplies
• Project management
• Regulator and stakeholder engagement
• Liability investigations – determining the cause and fault of complicated losses
• Initial site investigation services – determine and understand the extent and severity of contamination
• Complex investigations – utilisation of drilling services or intrusive building investigations
• Remediation options and appraisal – design, propose and implement the most pragmatic and effective remediation solution
• Site validation – confirm remediation works have successfully reduced identified risks
• Site completion – project closure
Emergency remediation capabilities:
• Pressure testing oil installations
• Spill containment
• Excavation and disposal
• Boom deployment to inland waterways
• Vapour extraction from ground and buildings
• Oil water separators
• Pump and treat systems
• Emergency groundworks
We understand the need for rapid response and decisive, pragmatic decision-making. Our staff quickly judge the severity of losses and ensure site situations are controlled both in terms of environmental and liability risks. We are confident in our abilities to deliver effective results as our projects are managed by experienced senior staff and project managers who have gained experience in the field managing complex losses. The Tergeo team have an enviable track record in managing property, agriculture, retail, liability, chemical and vehicle claims from domestic environments through to complicated, large scale incidents where local and national media are involved.
Get in touch
Contact us to discuss one of the many ways we can help you